Posted by admin
on May 19, 2015 in Uncategorized
| Comments Off on Thai Appetizers That Are Best And Worst For Gout
If you suffer from gout, you have to think about everything that you eat, which can make going out to eat difficult. Take the worry out of going out to eat by using this guide to help you choose Thai restaurant appetizers that will not trigger your gout, but are also tasty enough that your friends and family will want to share them with you.
Appetizers To Enjoy
- Vegetable Spring Rolls: With gout, vegetables are your friends, and so is a vegetable spring roll. A variety of different vegetables are shredded and then wrapped inside rice paper and fried. Most restaurants also serve this dish with a side of sweet and sour sauce.
- Crab Rangoon: You don’t have to give up eating meat altogether if you have gout, you just have to be careful about what you can consume. Crab is on the seafood safe list. This tasty dish incorporates crab meat, as well as some cream cheese inside of a fried wonton skin. It has a crispy and soft texture all at the same time.
- Chicken Satay: Chicken is another meat you can feel free to enjoy if you have gout. Chicken satay is just a marinated Thai chicken dish that is generally served with peanut sauce and cucumber slices.
- Fresh Rolls: If you are trying to stay away from fried foods for some reason, instead of spring rolls, order some fresh rolls. These rolls contain fresh veggies such as bean sprouts and cucumber, and are wrapped in a soft shell. You can even order spring rolls that contain chicken, shrimp or crab meat; all meats you can enjoy on your gout prevention diet.
- Calamari: If you have a hankering for some seafood, feel free to order your table some calamari.
- Fried Tofu: If you enjoy eating tofu on a regular basis, you are sure to enjoy this deep fried tofu which is generally served with a house sweet and sour sauce as well as some peanuts.
Appetizers To Avoid
Due to your gout, you should avoid any appetizers that include common gout trigger foods. The top two appetizers you should avoid are:
- Pot Stickers: Although pot stickers contain vegetables, they also contain ground pork. Pork is one the list of meats that is known to commonly trigger and contribute to gout.
- Fried Wontons: Just like pot stickers, fried wontons also contain pork. If you want to avoid triggering your gout, avoid eating wontons.
The next time you go out for Thai food with your family and friends, order one of the appetizers from the “Appetizers To Enjoy” list to share with everyone. That way, you can insure that there is an option on the table that you can enjoy as well.